National Weather Service issues flood watch for fire areas in northern Colo. | Weather
The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch in the northern Colorado foothills because of recent wildfires.
The weather service says up to two inches of rain are possible.
The watch is in effect from noon to midnight on Wednesday. A watch means a flood is possible but not imminent.
In September, a wildfire in the foothills west Boulder destroyed 169 homes, making it the most destructive in Colorado history. Fires have also charred parts of Larimer County.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood