Hiking victim's boyfriend: 'She was doing what she loved' | News
DENVER -- Paul Kasemir felt he had to do something after his girlfriend, 20-year-old Makana von Gortler and her father, Michael had gone missing while hiking in Chaffee County.
Since Wednesday, search and rescue crews of more than 60 men and women had scoured Missouri Mountain looking for the hikers.
And on Saturday morning, two bodies, believed to be the father and daughter, were found. “I guess if there was any silver lining, she was doing what she loved,” says Kasemir, who met Makana at CU Boulder where he says, she would have been a Junior in the fall.
Kasemir says Makana’s hiking trip with her dad was an “annual tradition.” And says he would have liked to have gone on the family hiking trip as well.
“I didn’t have the time to take off work.”
Funeral services are pending.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood