JonBenet Ramsey would have turned 21 Saturday | News
BOULDER, Colo. -- JonBenet Ramsey, the child beauty queen whose body was found in the basement of her family’s upscale Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996, would have turned 21-years-old on Saturday.
Her death remains one of the nation’s most high-profile unsolved murders; a crime which -to this day- generates intense discussion, debate, and outrage.
"There is nothing I can say publically about it other than it remains an active investigation," Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said Friday, amid a renewed focus on the Ramsey case. "We get tips all the time. I get tips from all over the world, two to three times a week."
Over the years, the theories have narrowed down to two: that JonBenet was killed by an intruder. Or, she was killed by a family “insider,” or perhaps a member of her family.
The Ramsey case file contains tens of thousands of pages of documents. Police have logged more than 1,000 pieces of evidence and interviewed hundreds of people.
Garnett says his office will continue to pursue every lead until JonBenet’s killer is finally brought to justice.
“We will never give up...absolutely never give up."
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood