JonBenet Ramsey would have turned 21 Saturday | News
BOULDER, Colo. -- JonBenet Ramsey, the child beauty queen whose body was found in the basement of her family’s upscale Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996, would have turned 21-years-old on Saturday.
Her death remains one of the nation’s most high-profile unsolved murders; a crime which -to this day- generates intense discussion, debate, and outrage.
"There is nothing I can say publically about it other than it remains an active investigation," Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said Friday, amid a renewed focus on the Ramsey case. "We get tips all the time. I get tips from all over the world, two to three times a week."
Over the years, the theories have narrowed down to two: that JonBenet was killed by an intruder. Or, she was killed by a family “insider,” or perhaps a member of her family.
The Ramsey case file contains tens of thousands of pages of documents. Police have logged more than 1,000 pieces of evidence and interviewed hundreds of people.
Garnett says his office will continue to pursue every lead until JonBenet’s killer is finally brought to justice.
“We will never give up...absolutely never give up."
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two arrested in big Longmont fire
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized
- Loveland head shop owner, employee accused of selling synthetic pot
- Colorado runners ready to return to Boston Marathon
- Group in Loveland holds soup night to bring community together
- CSP identifies motorcyclists killed in Horsetooth Reservoir crash
- Teen whose heart stopped on HS baseball field returns to his team
- Westminster pastor accused of sexually assaulting child
- Police: Lafayette murder victim was planning marijuana deal with suspect
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery