JonBenet Ramsey would have turned 21 Saturday | News
BOULDER, Colo. -- JonBenet Ramsey, the child beauty queen whose body was found in the basement of her family’s upscale Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996, would have turned 21-years-old on Saturday.
Her death remains one of the nation’s most high-profile unsolved murders; a crime which -to this day- generates intense discussion, debate, and outrage.
"There is nothing I can say publically about it other than it remains an active investigation," Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said Friday, amid a renewed focus on the Ramsey case. "We get tips all the time. I get tips from all over the world, two to three times a week."
Over the years, the theories have narrowed down to two: that JonBenet was killed by an intruder. Or, she was killed by a family “insider,” or perhaps a member of her family.
The Ramsey case file contains tens of thousands of pages of documents. Police have logged more than 1,000 pieces of evidence and interviewed hundreds of people.
Garnett says his office will continue to pursue every lead until JonBenet’s killer is finally brought to justice.
“We will never give up...absolutely never give up."
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- Affidavit: Family of Cody Powell said he sent unusual texts before turning himself in
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland
- Man on Black Hawk charter bus accused of murdering another passenger
- Loveland postmark volunteers know a thing or two about love
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery
- Coyotes put Westminster neighborhood ‘under siege’
- Standley Lake HS closed Tuesday after student lights self on fire