Wife of former CU Boulder coach Bill McCartney dies | News
DENVER — The wife of former CU Boulder football coach Bill McCartney died Thursday, the school announced.
Lyndi McCartney was 70. She had battled emphysema for years.
“We have four children and 10 grandchildren, and we all loved her very much,” Bill McCartney said in a media release.
The couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 29.
Services are pending.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- Longmont home explosion caused by hash oil extraction, police say
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland
- Man on Black Hawk charter bus accused of murdering another passenger
- Loveland postmark volunteers know a thing or two about love
- Deaths of people inside burning trailer ruled accidental
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery
- Coyotes put Westminster neighborhood ‘under siege’
- Standley Lake HS closed Tuesday after student lights self on fire