Wife of former CU Boulder coach Bill McCartney dies | News
DENVER — The wife of former CU Boulder football coach Bill McCartney died Thursday, the school announced.
Lyndi McCartney was 70. She had battled emphysema for years.
“We have four children and 10 grandchildren, and we all loved her very much,” Bill McCartney said in a media release.
The couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 29.
Services are pending.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- Police: Selfie could show Loveland burglary suspect
- High school baseball coaches save life of one of their players
- Affidavit: Family of Cody Powell said he sent unusual texts before turning himself in
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery
- Coyotes put Westminster neighborhood ‘under siege’
- Standley Lake HS closed Tuesday after student lights self on fire