Wife of former CU Boulder coach Bill McCartney dies | News
DENVER — The wife of former CU Boulder football coach Bill McCartney died Thursday, the school announced.
Lyndi McCartney was 70. She had battled emphysema for years.
“We have four children and 10 grandchildren, and we all loved her very much,” Bill McCartney said in a media release.
The couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 29.
Services are pending.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two arrested in big Longmont fire
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized
- Loveland head shop owner, employee accused of selling synthetic pot
- Colorado runners ready to return to Boston Marathon
- Group in Loveland holds soup night to bring community together
- CSP identifies motorcyclists killed in Horsetooth Reservoir crash
- Teen whose heart stopped on HS baseball field returns to his team
- Westminster pastor accused of sexually assaulting child
- Police: Lafayette murder victim was planning marijuana deal with suspect
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery