Pilot from Lyons, Colo., 3 others survive small plane crash | News
TURTLECREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- A pilot from Colorado and three family members are recovering after a fiery plane crash.
The plane went down Wednesday afternoon in Warren County, Ohio, 30 miles north of Cincinnati.
Authorities said 32-year old Zebulon Bowles of Lyons, Colo. noticed the engine compartment door was open and began circling back to Lebanon-Warren Airport when the plane lost power.
Witnesses say the plane clipped trees and power lines before it crashed.
"There was a neighbor that came right out to put the fire out," said Julie Nolan. "She said there was a trail of fire that was going across the street."
Nolan says she immediately lost power to her home.
"It was this big, black circle of smoke."
With the pilot were his two brothers, 22-year old Wilson Bowles of Arcata, California and 30-year old Zachary Bowles of Sacramento.
With just seconds to spare, they pulled out a fourth person, 30-year old Katherine Bowles.
Katherine was airlifted to Miami Valley hospital and in is in critical condition. The three brothers were treated and released.
The FAA continues to investigate.
Upcoming Events near Boulder
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- High school baseball coaches save life of one of their players
- Affidavit: Family of Cody Powell said he sent unusual texts before turning himself in
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland
- Man on Black Hawk charter bus accused of murdering another passenger
- Standley Lake High School student who set himself on fire dies
- FBI: Wells Fargo robbers took more than half-million in 2 minutes
- FBI to hold news conference on ‘violent’ Wells Fargo bank robbery
- Coyotes put Westminster neighborhood ‘under siege’
- Standley Lake HS closed Tuesday after student lights self on fire